EVENTS AND MEMBER RELATIONS MANAGER CAREER OPENING
This position is responsible for the development and execution of an estimated 25 events a year. Responsibilities include selling sponsorships, maintaining budgets with staff, and coordinating details with sponsors, vendors, staff, volunteers, and host locations. This position serves as administrative support to Chamber leadership programs, assists with membership retention, and requires multi-tasking, detail-oriented skills, and excellent communication skills, working well independently, and as a team player..
- Experience with client services, client relationship building, and event planning;
- Attend assigned committee meetings and work closely with volunteers;
- Assists with obtaining event sponsorships and selling marketing services to members;
- Setting-up and tearing-down registration and event décor;
- Scheduling communications with the Marketing & Communications Manager;
- Coordinating details with sponsors, vendors, staff, volunteers, and host locations;
- Coordinating with attendees, including detailed communications;
- Organizing and training volunteers and staff to assist with registration;
- Occasionally handles reservations, which includes invoicing, grouping, and keeping a detailed spreadsheet;
- Work with Marketing and Communications Manager to ensure event attendance and registration goals are met through marketing campaigns;
- Responsible for E-news and work with Marketing & Communications Manager to ensure email marketing metrics are stable;
- Work with Marketing & Communications Manager to schedule Chamber Reader Board events content, keeping the reader board current and up to date and aligned with communications & marketing calendar;
- Collaborate and work as team player in editing and proof reading of written materials prepared by Chamber Staff;
- Work with Communications & Marketing Manager and Executive Director to find ways to improve Builders exchange membership and build revenue;
- Greet visitors in the Lobby, first to answer phones;
- Manage and schedule boardroom activities;
- Keep office clean, tidy and organized;
- Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
- Wage based on experience;
- Health, dental, vision insurance;
- Simple IRA with up to 3% match;
Be Bold. Apply.
To apply, send cover letter and résumé to Sarah Trustem, Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org or mail/personally deliver to:
Dickinson Area Chamber of Commerce
PO Box C
Dickinson, ND 58602
Application Deadline: Thursday, November 1, 2018.
Apply early; résumés may be reviewed upon receipt.
About The Company
The Dickinson Area Chamber of Commerce is a nonprofit organization committed to providing leadership to promote a progressive business environment in Dickinson, North Dakota. We work tirelessly to provide opportunities for business and community to work together in order to make Dickinson and Southwest North Dakota the most attractive place to live, work and conduct business.