At its core, the Dickinson Chamber is people. People working together to improve the community. The 3 groups of people that primarily make up the Chamber are: (click each to learn more)
More generally, the Dickinson Area Chamber of Commerce is a membership-based organization serving more than 450 businesses and organizations located primarily in Dickinson and southwest North Dakota. Through its organization, it becomes a vehicle for mobilizing the business community to accomplish goals for the improvement of Dickinson.
The Chamber will provide leadership to benefit the Dickinson community—and therefore its business community. Following are some of the ways in which it currently does so:
- Serves as a community information clearinghouse;
- Promotes membership through media relations efforts, inexpensive marketing opportunities and the effective use of social media;
- Provides Professional Development;
- Refers potential customers to members;
- Maintains community events calendar;
- Advocates for the community through communication and events with local and state government officials;
- Encourages new business and expansion of existing business through networking and ribbon cuttings;
- Strengthens the community through various events in the areas of membership growth, business promotion, agriculture, recreation, governmental affairs, leadership development and professional development;
- Stimulates local business through the Shop Dickinson partnerships & promotions;
- Represents membership on various committees and leadership bodies;
- Provides relocation packets for area businesses to give to new employees.